Hide Instagram Messages
Most people love to check others’ photos, videos, and personal messages. It feels awkward when someone checks your personal messages on any social media platform, especially on Instagram. To get rid of this, I will teach you how to hide Instagram messages. So that no one can read your direct messages. In this blog, you will get the complete knowledge of how to hide Instagram messages without deleting them.
The process is very simple and it is similar for Android as well as iOS devices. So nothing to worry about if you are on Android or iOS. Now, hiding your Instagram chats from your Instagram account is little tricky, but with my process, you can hide Instagram messages just like magic.
If you open your Instagram account and go into your messages and swipe from right to left on a message, you will get just 2 options: to delete or mute the message. But I also have 2 methods to hide Instagram messages. Follow these methods.
How To Hide Instagram Messages
- First, make sure that you are connected to the internet.
- After that, check if your Instagram application is updated or not.
- If not, then update the application from the Google Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS.
- Now open your Instagram application.
- Click on the message button showing on top right corner.
- Then open the chat you want to hide. Open your friends’ chat. Then, in the top center, click on their name.
- You will get lots of options there. Here you’ll get the vanish mode option.
- Just turn on that option by clicking on it.
- Now go back to your home section by clicking the back button three times.
- Again, click on the message button showing up on the top right corner.
- Click on your friends’ chat and you will turn on vanish mode.
- Boom! All your chats have now vanished.
- To get back to your chat, just re-open that chat.
- Then click on the name of the chat available on the top centre
- Then you’ll enter vanish mode.
- Another way to enable or disable vanish mode is to open a chat window.
- Then swipe up the screen to turn on vanish mode.
- After that, the option to enable vanish mode will be available.
- Just release the screen to turn on vanish mode.
- To turn off vanish mode again, swipe up the screen and turn off the vanish mode.
Before going to the second method, I want to tell you that the second method is a little tricky, so carefully follow the steps and hide Instagram messages from anyone like a pro.
- Open up Instagram and tap on the messages icon. You can see your chat inbox is normal and all your messages are showing up.
- To hide this, you need to create another inbox.
- To do this, you need to have an Instagram creator account.
- To make your account a creator account, tap on your profile icon in the bottom right corner of the homepage to get your profile page. Then tap on the three-line button that shows up in the top right corner of your profile page.
- Select settings from the menu.
- Then click on “Account” from the options available.
- Then tap on ‘switch to professional account’ in the blue near the bottom.
- Tap the continue button four times, then select a category as desired.
- Make sure the ‘display on profile’ toggle is switched off and then tap Done at the bottom of the page.
- Make sure that ‘Creator’ is selected and tap next, and then tap on the “not now” option showing at the bottom. Then, in the top left corner, click on the cross icon.
- Again, from your profile page, tap on the three-line button in the top right and select settings, then select notifications.
- Now tap on messages and calls.
- Under messages, you need to make sure that the middle option is selected ‘from primary only’. This means that you will only get notifications from your primary inbox.
- Now go back to the Instagram homepage and tap on “messages” in the top right.
- Your inbox will now be separated into two parts: primary and general.
- You will get all the notifications about new messages in your primary section but not in your general section.
- To move a chat to general, swipe from right to left on it, then tap “general.”
- That chat will now be moved to your general inbox, and if someone were to look at your messages, it will appear as if there was no chat with that person.
- Simply tap the general section at the top of the page to view the messages in general.
- To move chats back from general to primary, swipe from right to left on them and then tap primary.
- It will reappear in your primary inbox section in the same order as before.
- If you want to go back to the normal chat section and not have two sections and want to have a regular Instagram account and not a creator account,
- Then tap on your profile icon on the bottom right corner of the homepage.
- Then tap on the three-line button in the top right corner of your profile. Select Settings from the menu and tap on Account.
- Then tap on ‘switch account type’ in blue.
- Click’switch to personal account’ and then click ‘switch to personal’ on the pop-up box.
- Your Instagram account will now be a personal account again.
- If you go to your messages, you will see there are no longer two sections and it is back to normal.
Watch Video Here
So these are the two methods by which you can hide Instagram messages. My personal opinion is to use the vanish mode method. because it is less time-consuming and easy to do. Also, most people don’t know about this method. If you found this blog helpful, then share it with your friends, family, and relatives, and don’t forget to leave a comment. Stay safe and keep visiting our blog to get more informative content.
Never use Instagram’s mod apk to hide Instagram messages. Because that app may steal your private data and share it on the internet.