Every application that contains pictures, images, and videos is likely to have a Cache. The cache works to store data about the images and videos you have already seen on the application and makes the loading faster when you wish to revisit them.
This cache is larger on social media platforms, especially Instagram which seems to be the most popular platform right now. Although this large cache is meant to make your loading speed faster, this might also be the reason for the steadiness of your mobile device.
Thankfully, you can clear cache on Instagram quite easily, both on your android devices and iPhones. Let’s take a look.
How to clear Instagram cache on iPhone?
Unfortunately, the only way to clear Instagram cache on iPhone is by deleting the application and reinstalling it.
However, it is worth mentioning that you will not lose your important data and files downloaded from the application while you delete it and its cache. Well, that’s something you should be happy about.
Now, let’s see the steps to delete your Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Locate the Instagram app icon on the home screen of your iOS device.
- Now, tap and hold the application icon until a small menu appears. If not, tap and hold it until the other app icons start jiggling.
- If you see a minus (-) sign at the top right corner of the app, click it to delete Instagram from your device. You can also tap on the remove option that appeared in the menu to do so.
- Now, confirm the deletion process to delete the app and clear its cache.
And here you go! You have successfully cleared your Instagram cache on your iPhone. Now, reinstall the application and log into your account to enjoy using it again. However, make sure to disable the iCloud backup. If not, all the deleted cache will be restored and your hard work will go in vain, which you don’t want, do you?
How to clear Instagram cache on android?
Unlike on iOS devices, you don’t need to delete your Instagram application on your android device to clear its cache. You can do it quite simply without even logging out of your current account.
Here are the super simple steps you’ll need to follow.
- Open the settings on your android device
- Scroll down and locate the “App” section and click on it to open
- See if there is Instagram. If not, click on see next and tap on the Instagram icon.
- When you click on the Instagram icon, you will see multiple options. Find and click on the ‘storage’ option.
- Now, you will see a “clear cache” option. Click on it and it will turn gray. It means that you have successfully cleared the Instagram cache on your android device. (There will be an option named “clear data” as well. Clicking on that will delete all your Instagram data).
It’s simple, isn’t it? With such simple steps, you can clear cache on Instagram on your android device. Also, there is no backup option here, unlike on iOS devices, so relax!
How to clear cache on Instagram on a PC?
Last but not the least, we know that Instagram is compatible with PCs and laptops too. And that being known, you will need to clear your Instagram cache on your PC and laptop too.
So, here are the steps to do that.
- Open your web browser and search for Instagram in the search bar.
- Click on the official website of Instagram and log into your account.
- Now, from the top right corner of your profile, open “privacy and security”.
- After opening the “privacy and security” section, click on “view account data” and then click on “view all” under the search history section.
- Now, you’ll see a “clear search history” option. Click on it to clear your Instagram account cache and confirm by selecting “Yes, I’m sure” when prompted.
And that’s it. The cache for your Instagram account on your PC has now been deleted successfully.
Instagram cache plays an important role in managing the fast speed of the platform and its quick response results. However, when it grows too large, it can be an issue as well. In such a situation, you need to know how to clear cache on Instagram. And in the article you read just now, I have mentioned the steps to do it on iOS, Android devices, and PC as well.